I know that I can be one of the pickiest people when dining out…BUT, I always make up for it with a good TIP! I have been a server/bartender for over 10 years now… and here are a few tips to help you out, so we “servers” don’t talk about you in the kitchen.
1. Don’t ask for water if you not going to drink it. (this is one of my BIGGEST pet-peeves!) Don’t order a Bud Light and a water. If I came back and have to bus your table and bring a full glass of water back I am going to mad. At least pretend to drink a little of it.
2. We know the old term, “A costumer is always right,” but it doesn’t mean you should be a JERK! Just becuase your suppose to right, doesn’t mean you are.
3. When placing a carry-out, PLEASE know what your getting before you call. We don’t have time to sit on the phone and go through the menu with you. Also, putting together your carry-out is just as much work as waiting on you. You should always tip at least $2.
4. When paying with a credit card, try and leave the tip in cash. A lot of places don’t give the server their tips until there pay check or tax us on it.
5. When a server comes to your table and askes you how you are, don’t reply with, “I’ll have a coke!” I didn’t ask you what you wanted to drink yet… I asked how you were. At least ask me back!